The Université de Montréal is a French-language institution. This English website contains only the most frequently consulted pages from our French website.
Our graduate programs are intended for students looking to make a career in research or post-secondary education, or seeking a job in the field.
Geography graduates work in a wide variety of organizations in the public and private sectors.
- Regional county municipalities (RCMs)
- Consulting firms (environment, geomarketing, geomatics, etc.)
- Testing laboratories
- Provincial and federal departments
- International co-operation agencies
They work as:
- Geographic database managers
- Project managers
They also contribute to solving environmental, development and land use problems.