The Université de Montréal is a French-language institution. This English website contains only the most frequently consulted pages from our French website.
Master's in Geography
The Master's in Geography program has 2 streams.
It is intended for students interested in a career in research (specializing in a specific field) and those looking for training leading to the job market.
With a thesis
For students aiming for careers in research or post-secondary teaching. Includes 36 credits for research and writing the dissertation.
With internship or supervised project
For students aiming for careers as professional geographers. Includes a practical training internship or a supervised project worth 15 credits.
Questions about this program?
François Cavayas, Program Supervisor: 514 343-8016
- All about this program (in French)
- Financial support (in French)
- Find a thesis supervisor
- International (in French)
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying geography at the Université de Montréal!
- A world-class scientific environment and expertise guaranteeing high-quality education, given by renowned academics who are valued members of major research networks.
- A research infrastructure boasting numerous laboratories with advanced equipment (modelling, geomatics, remote sensing, aerobiology, pedology, palynology, river hydrology, cryology).
- Opportunities to take part in or deliver papers at symposia, in Quebec and elsewhere.
- According to the firm QS, the Université de Montréal ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in geography.