PhD in Geography
The PhD in Geography is intended to train independent researchers.
The goal is to give students the tools to formulate, carry out and defend a research program that contributes to knowledge in an advanced field of study in geography.
Questions about this program?
François Cavayas, Program Supervisor: 514 343-8016
- All about this program (in French)
- Financial support (in French)
- Find a thesis supervisor
- International (in French)
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying geography at the Université de Montréal!
- A world-class scientific environment and expertise guaranteeing high-quality education, given by renowned academics who are valued members of major research networks.
- Opportunities to take part in or deliver papers at symposia, in Quebec and elsewhere.
- A research infrastructure boasting numerous laboratories with advanced equipment (modelling, geomatics, remote sensing, aerobiology, pedology, palynology, river hydrology, cryology).
- Access to the geomatics software and services of the computer lab, library and map library.
- According to the firm QS, the Université de Montréal ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in geography.